Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Database Reliability Engineer [#OnlineInterview]
Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
Are you seeking always to optimize you work? Are you striving to optimize the work of others?
Availability and reliability are major concerns of your day to day activities?
Are you passionate about automating yourself out of the job?
Do you want to work on services that impact millions of users?
Then this is the job for you!
Our Database Infrastructure Team is responsible for architecting, building, and scaling distributed database systems in order to provide the best services for our customers. This includes managing different database related technologies such as: Oracle Database (most of our databases are Oracle databases, including Exadata) , SqlServer Databases, PostgreSql Databases, Cloudera Big Data ecosystem.
As a DBRE you will be responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other and you will use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems.
Your main focus will be on:
- Analyze and implement automation flows in order to reduce manual tasks inside the team and to increase quality and productivity
- Enforce consistency in provisioning and maintaining database infrastructure components by using and evolving the current IaC ecosystem.
- Develop Remediation as a Service, through self-healing automation, utilizing tools provided and building where needed.
- Develop Self Service flows in order to offer most common database related requests as a service for internal clients.
- Improve and evolve current monitoring systems and fail-over mechanisms for faster detection, remediation and root cause analysis.
- Deep dive into availability, performance and scalability issues/outages for database services and provide technical expertise for immediate and proactive resolutions.
- Ensure that the source code and documentation management tools and concepts (E.g. Jira, Confluence, GitHub) are applied correctly and consistently
- Be responsible and provide support for database infrastructure components in aspects regarding availability, reliability, performance, expansion etc.
- Analysis and design of database infrastructure solutions, based on the requirements
You will participate in 24/7 on-call schedules.As part of the team you will collaborate constantly with your colleagues, seek out feedback and suggestions while developing and integrating new features into the automation ecosystem.
Key Technical Skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent employment experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming language like: Java, Ruby, Python, or Perl.
- Proclivity towards efficient programming emphasizing improvement via complexity analysis.
- Experience managing large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management systems like: Puppet (preferred), Foreman, Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- Installation, configuration, monitoring of Oracle Databases (11g/12c versions) deployed on Linux platforms
- Experience using and implementing clustering software ( Veritas Clustering preferred)
- Strong knowledge about High Availability ( Oracle RAC with ASM) and Disaster Recovery solution (Oracle Data Guard)
- Strong query tuning and performance tuning skills
- Good experience with database migrations from different versions (11g,12c) or different platforms (Linux, AIX/HPUX)
- Good knowledge about Linux shell scripting
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and Load Balancing.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Enterprise Manager - OEM server OMS and deploying OEM agents
- Knowledge about SQLSever Database Administration (MSSQL)
- Knowledge about PostgreSql Database Administration
- Cloudera Big Data ecosystem
- Basic Linux administration skills (networking, security, services, lvm)
- General knowledge of Storage and backup systems (HPE 3PAR, Hitachi, HPE StoreOnce)
- Fundamental understanding of distributed systems including Micro services, and Containers (Docker with Rancher and Kubernetes
- Practical experience with ELK Stack, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Practical experience with monitoring systems like Nagios, Check_MK, Prometheus
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- Fast learning and willingness to learn to develop skills in automation frameworks
- Very strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to work in a (sometimes) stressful environment and being able to respect deadlines and track the issues until they are resolved
- Ability to understand and explain technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- English language fluently
[Orange Perks] What’s in it for you, should you choose to work for a TOP EMPLOYER?
- Contract type: Full Time
- Performance Bonuses – Biannually, based on your results & the company’s;
- Other Bonuses – for Excellence in Innovation & Profit sharing plan;
- Loyalty Bonuses, if you extend your stay;
- Electronic Meal Tickets - as you imagine;
- Medical & Life insurance for you / facilities for your family, too;
- Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
- Short Friday & Hello HUB - a different kind of office, should you need a change of scenery;
- Professional GSM subscription;
- Personal GSM subscription, also [because we believe in communication!];
- Special grants on Smartphones & devices;
- Discounts & installments for Orange products & services;
- Orange Learning, Remote Learning, Trainings & Career plan mentoring;
- Well-being Program – we support your Zen;
- Flexible benefits [like special discounts on Gym subscriptions, Tickets for your infant’s nursery, Pension Package or other things you might be interested in];
- In case of travel: daily allowance, transport and accommodation.
- & more!
Apply and let’s have a remote-talk – we care for our candidates, all the interview stages are online!
From ORANGE with love – a digital company
Număr Post: FRAR018735
Dată limită: 28/09/2020
Nou pe pagina de cariera la Orange? Înregistrează-te acum