Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Domain Solution Architect
Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
We are looking for a new enthusiastic senior colleague to join the leadership team of the new Enterprise Data Management & Analytics Office (EDM&AO) ICT division inside Orange Romania.
The EDM&AO organization has taken on the vital mission of empowering our people all across the company with decision-making and sustainable value creation integrated solutions, just in time and co-designed fit for purpose, leveraging the power of data & AI/analytics, enabling them to reach their full potential, breaking down silos and driving the company’s data centric transformation.
EDM&AO organization is thus positioning itself as the leading agile business partner and company data-driven transformation champion, delivering consistent, timely and fit end-to-end solutions to its internal and external customers. EDM&AO ecosystem comprises:
- Enterprise Data Mission, Vision, Strategy and Architecture
- Operational and management reporting solutions, Business Intelligence and Descriptive Analytics tools and solutions
- E2E data Infrastructure engineering across enterprise Data Warehouse(s), Big Data Lake, Operational Data Stores
- Real-Time and non-Real Time Advanced Analytics, AI/ML Data Science and Engineering, predictive, prescriptive and cognitive analytics solutions
- Intelligent Process Automation, RPA, BPMN and other automation solutions
- Key operational information systems (BSS) like ERP and other financial applications, HRMIS – i.e. HCM, ATS, etc., Supply Chain apps, chatbots, etc.
- Data Management solutions, including Data Governance, Dictionaries & Business Glossary; Reference, Metadata and Master Data Management, Data Quality
Below requirements describe an ideal role/mix, however we strongly value the person before us and his/her unique set of skills!
1. Main activities and responsibilities of the Domain Solutions Architect (DSA)
The DSA will be responsible for overseeing end-to-end all architecture-related aspects of all software applications, systems and solutions within the ERP(inside EDM&AO) ecosystem.
Such extended responsibilities and activities include:
- Business ownership and safe-guarding of the strategic ERP EDM&AO Domain Architecture (DA) blueprint, covering design, development and maintenance.
- Participating in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives.
- Align understanding of Orange Group corporate recommendations on IT&N architectures, deriving them into local Orange Romania EA recommendations
- Researching / analyzing the technology environment based on technical & business requirements, reviewing, and making strategic recommendations on any new corporate/enterprise software applications or innovations from a perspective of concept, design, prototyping, build, integration, operation, technical fit with other systems, methodologies, processes and operating models
- For existing applications, overseeing / controlling all planning, designing, programming, and implementation of any in-house software solution development
- For software enhancements provided by an external vendor, taking the lead role in reviewing and discussing all technical solution designs to ensure they meet the needs of the ERP EDM&AO. Addressing new features or feature enhancements.
- Acting as a lead developer for other in-house development staff, as a technical resource during other projects as required.
- Producing & maintaining the ERP EDM&AO development practices, standards & procedures and mentoring/coaching other development staff in these areas.
- Sharing best practices, lessons-learned and constantly updating the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Matching solutions with the corporate environment (operating systems, an information context, and integration requirements)
- Meeting the requirements of all internal and external stakeholders (product development processes, costs, and budgeting)
- Accounting for constraints and risks of each solution (technology, risks, scope, cost, quality, time, resources) in line with the DA, recommending the most suitable architecture blueprint
- Selecting the proper technology stack, participating in the sourcing processes for technology and tools selection - RFx sourcing for different tools, solutions, systems, implementations
- Securing compliance with non-functional requirements (security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability of a product, quality)
- Documenting requirements for existing and new solutions evolution and implementation
- Identifying and recommending areas appropriate for further study – i.e. Experimentation areas; participating in any Proof of Concept projects / prototypes required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthening arguments for their adoption.
- Designing, developing, and implementing software application solutions for other departments in committed turn-around times with a sense of urgency.
2. Technical & business knowledge, skills / competences, areas of interest
- Strategic Enterprise architecture blueprinting and leadership across end-to-end BSS/OSS systems, solutions, software components, via multiple viewpoints (functional, infrastructure, etc.); engineering and software architecture design, Business Analysis & Costing competences
- IT architecture, infrastructure, and cloud development (including Public Clouds – Azure, GCP, AWS); Good understanding of Virtualization, Docker, Kubernetes on-premises and in the Cloud (e.g. GKE, serverless deployments, etc.)
- Deep understanding of ERP systems core components, concepts, processes and interdependencies (eBusiness Suite Oracle Applications 11i; Charisma, optional Oracle Fusion, HCM suite)
- Infrastructure deployments – SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, IaaC; vmWare, Openstack
- Web Apps / Services and APIs, integration capabilities and full technology stacks across backend, frontend, CX/UX/UI
- Agile Software Development Life Cycle @ Scale and Waterfall methodologies advanced knowledge
- Understanding of DevOps and DataOps/ModelOps CI-CD-CT concepts of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment; knowledge on CI-CD-CT toolkit (Jenkins, TeamCity, Atlassian suite – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Automation across the development and operations (AIOps, SRE, etc.) domains
- Toolkits for enterprise data modeling, data architecture, architecture blueprinting, business analysis
- GDPR encryption, anonymization & pseudo-anonymization techniques; security options SSO, OAUTH2, Kerberos, etc.
- Data Governance / Quality Tool frameworks, Metadata & Master Data Management tools, Business Glossary
- Digital Transformation Leadership (Business, IT, Technology)
- Operational models re-design – managed services, time & material based consulting, operations setup, support, documentation
- Advanced knowledge and experience in both batch and real time integration development technologies and practices
- Advanced skill in configuring and operationally supporting (L1/2/3) software applications; excellent software development and debug/troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced ability to research, analyze and recommend new technologies and software applications or to evolve existing applications to meet the company’s needs.
- Advanced skill in creating and maintaining technical documentation.
3. Soft skills / competences
Inter-personal & communication skills
- Effective collaboration skills, focusing on strong working relationships with all functional units of the organization.
- Recognize and manage interpersonal communication needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written; and ability to communicate with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain current understanding of the administration and user side functionality within the supported software applications, of the overall process and workflow of data through the various software application systems.
- Research and develop process improvements and new technologies and solutions in dedication to continuous improvement.
- Identify and pursue personal training opportunities related to enhancing job related skill sets.
Problem Solving & Judgement
- Applies the identified job knowledge requirements for the role to make disciplined decisions in a timely fashion.
- Focus on solutions that are aligned for efficiency and re-usability across the enterprise.
- Strong coaching and leadership experience, senior/executive stakeholders management
- High problem-solving analytical skills
4. Experience, Education & Additional Qualifications
- Min 7 years’ experience in hands-on IT enterprise-grade software development required.
- Min. 3 years’ experience in a similar role required.
- English proficient
- University education in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- Experience with Oracle Relational Database, ERP Apps
- Experience with Enterprise architecture frameworks
- Experience with Agile practices
- Experience working in mid to large cross-functional projects
- Diligent attention to detail is essential due to the nature work.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize is a must.
- Ability to adjust/right size solutions and standards for the current corporate environment and needs.
- Sound ethics and confidentiality with good customer service skills.
5. Nice to have / advantages
- Project/Program/Portfolio/Product Management, PMI PMP or ACP
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) – experience or certification
- TOGAF® methodologies, ADM expertise – experience or certification
- Other overall architect certifications
- French language is a plus