Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Linux System Engineer
Orange Services is looking for a colleague to join the Infrastructure team within the Orange Group Shared Services Center.
We are responsible for managing diverse IT infrastructures and services hosted in our datacenters spread around the world.
Our Support Center is in continuous development, covering more and more platforms and services.
Constant improvement of the QoS and increased efficiency in operations, combined with adaptability and flexibility are key success factors that recommend us in front of internal customers
As a System Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining the virtual and physical infrastructure layers and also provide technical support and expertise on administrated shared systems.
The main service managed by the team in which we have this opening are: Object storage solution based on Scality, local infrastructure of e-payment service in African countries, infrastructure of TVaaS platform in France. In addition we have VMWare based infrastructures.
What you’ll be doing if you become part of our team (BUILD and RUN activities):
- You’ll manage the lifecycle of existing service infrastructures located in different European and African datacenters
- You’ll perform troubleshooting activities, offering the best quality of experience for our customers
- You will have full support of an experienced team to reach the desired level of knowledge
- Automate tasks and come up with improvements to increase our efficiency
- Interacting with different Linux distributions and open source tools
- Performing activities like patching and upgrading different infrastructure components and services
- Deploy and configure virtual infrastructure layer after wiring and hardware configuration is completed
- Installing and configure OS and different tools needed during operations, related to monitoring, logging, access, etc
- Assuring knowledge sharing inside the team
- Interact with ticketing tools and assure a good communication towards our customers
- Develop the skills you want in this domain in a win-win situation
- Collaborate with Network, Database and Application internal support teams, but also with people from other Orange Group entities.
- Perform on-call activities
What you know and you will be working with:
- OS: Linux - advanced knowledge (RedHat Enterprise Linux/CentOS)
- Virtualization (Openstack, or VMware vCenter & vCloud)
- Tools: Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Ansible/Salt, Heat/Terraform, ELK stack, but not limited to these ones
- Network and security concepts
- Shell Scripting (at least one of bash/pearl/python)
- Cluster & High Availability - nice to have
Languages : excellent English, French will be a big plus
Education: University degree
The ideal candidate would have the technical skills mentioned above combined with very good communication and interpersonal skills, but also the willingness to develop and explore more.
We are offering a friendly environment specially designed to support collaboration while interacting with the latest technologies and being part of a dynamic and experienced team.
Număr Post: BHAP917334
Dată limită: 01/03/2019
Nou pe pagina de cariera Orange? Inregistreaza-te acum