Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Software Engineer[#OnlineInterview]
Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
We are part of a department that is delivering IT services (IoT, mobile payment, prepay recharging, collaboration tools, IaaS and PaaS infrastructure) to Orange group’s private and business customers across Europe and Africa. We have transitioned in the last 4 years from traditional ops to a DevOps approach targeting lower time to market and efficiency enabled by using cloud computing and automation.
Most of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building robust infrastructure and eliminating repetitive tasks through automation.
In this context we are looking for a senior Software Engineer to contribute to the design and development of various greenfield products: e.g. an app which aims at monitoring SRE criteria compliance or a framework to optimize the usage and cost of cloud infrastructure. You will join a transversal team of DevOps and SREs that is involved in the transformation of the way Orange Group is managing the delivery of software products by applying Site Reliability Engineering principles.
Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Ansible, Prometheus, Elastic, Cloud Native Computing Foundation tools.
Work as part of a team focused on improving reliability and velocity while keeping an eye on topics like SLO, SLI, observability.
Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options;
Develop and deliver high quality designs and code;
Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles;
Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration;
Provide support to customer-facing teams;
Investigate solutions for meeting project requirements;
Document proposal based on investigation results (write HLDs and open source spec files);
Identify detailed requirements;
Create user documentation.
Develop new features;
Improve existing features;
Write scripts for automating tasks;
Rebase existing features.
Interpret test results and make recommendations;
Validate user documentation.
- Over 5 years of relevant technical experience in software development;
- Excellent programming skills using at least one of the following: Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
- Development experience with containers and with cloud-based and virtualization technologies, including OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet;
- Strong analytical and debugging skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments;
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
Apply and let’s have a remote-talk – we care for our candidates, all the interview stages are online!
ORANGE – a digital company