Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Site Reliability Engineer [#OnlineInterview]
Hello! Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
Are you always seeking to optimize you work? Are you striving to optimize the work of others? Availability and reliability are major concerns of your day to day activities? Are you passionate about automating yourself out of the job? Do you want to work on services that impact millions of users? Then this is the job for you!
Orange Romania is looking for a colleague to be part of the Enterprise Infrastructure Team. The team’s mission is to ensure the availability of Orange Romania IT enterprise infrastructure, including physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure layers up to operating systems, containers / clusters / network services, storage, and backup systems.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will be responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other. You will help Orange Romania to increase systems availability through automating provisioning, configuration, and remediation for the entire lifecycle of the physical and virtual infrastructure elements.
Your main focus will be on:
- Analyze and implement automation flows in order to reduce manual tasks inside the team and to increase quality and productivity;
- Enforce consistency in provisioning and maintaining infrastructure components by using and evolving the current IaC ecosystem;
- Develop Remediation as a Service, through self-healing automation, utilizing tools provided and building where needed;
- Develop Self Service flows in order to offer most common infrastructure requests as a service for internal clients;
- Improve and evolve current monitoring systems and fail-over mechanisms for faster detection, remediation, and root cause analysis;
- Deep dive into availability, performance and scalability issues/outages for services and provide technical expertise for immediate and proactive resolutions;
- Ensure that the source code and documentation management tools and concepts (E.g. Jira, Confluence, GitHub) are applied correctly and consistently;
- Be responsible and provide support for infrastructure components in aspects regarding availability, reliability, performance, and expansion;
- Analysis and design of infrastructure solutions, based on the requirements.
You will be part of a team of highly skilled professionals who share the same passion about efficiency, performance and continuous improvement. You will participate in 24/7 on-call schedules. As part of the team you will collaborate constantly with your colleagues, seek out feedback and suggestions while developing and integrating new features into the automation ecosystem.
Key Technical Skills
- BSc/BEng in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent employment experience;
- Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming language like: Python, Ruby;
- Experience managing large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management systems like: Puppet (preferred), Foreman, Chef, Ansible, or Salt;
- Experience on Linux/Unix operating systems (RHEL, CentOS, AIX), including kernel, memory, process, threads, static / shared libraries, IPC, and signals;
- Experience installing and configuring physical servers (blade systems/standalone);
- Knowledge of storage systems including SAN network (HPE 3PAR, Hitachi, Brocade SAN);
- Knowledge of backup systems (HPE StoreOnce, Commvault);
- Experience using and implementing clustering software (Veritas Clustering preferred);
- Knowledge of virtualization solutions (VMware vCenter / vSphere);
- Knowledge about Oracle/MSSQL/PostgreSQL database administration;
- Good knowledge of Linux shell scripting;
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and load balancing.
Nice to have
- Fundamental understanding of distributed systems including micro services, and containers (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes);
- Practical experience with ELK Stack, InfluxDB, Grafana;
- Practical experience with monitoring systems like Nagios, Check_MK, Prometheus.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication;
- Fast learning and willingness to learn to develop skills in automation frameworks;
- Very strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and commitment to quality;
- Ability to respect deadlines and track the issues until they are resolved;
- Ability to understand and explain technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- English language fluently.
[Orange Perks] What’s in it for you, should you choose to work for a TOP EMPLOYER?
- Contract type: Full Time;
- Performance Bonuses – Biannually, based on your results & the company’s;
- Other Bonuses – for Excellence in Innovation & Profit sharing plan;
- Loyalty Bonuses, if you extend your stay;
- Electronic Meal Tickets - as you imagine;
- Medical & Life insurance for you / facilities for your family too;
- Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
- Short Friday & Hello HUB - a different kind of office, should you need a change of scenery;
- Professional GSM subscription;
- Personal GSM subscription, also [because we believe in communication!];
- Special grants on Smartphones & devices;
- Discounts & installments for Orange products & services;
- Orange Learning, Remote Learning, Trainings & Career plan mentoring;
- Well-being Program – we support your Zen;
- Flexible benefits [like special discounts on Gym subscriptions, Tickets for your infant’s nursery, Pension Package or other things you might be interested in];
- In case of travel: daily allowance, transport and accommodation.
- & more!
Apply and let’s have a remote-talk – we care for our candidates, all the interview stages are online!
From ORANGE with love – a digital company
Număr Post: HKAS018927
Dată limită: 30/09/2020
Nou pe pagina de cariera la Orange? Înregistrează-te acum