Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
TV Service Assurance Engineer
We are happy to welcome a new colleague in Orange Romania TV Service Management Team. We know you are a very good team player, you like to work in a friendly atmosphere at the office an try new and exciting things every day, so we are waiting for your application.
As a Service Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing the entire Orange TV infrastructure delivering TV services towards Orange Romania customers. You will also be responsible to identify best monitoring solutions and optimize the way we detect and solve any incident affecting TV services in order to provide the best customer experience.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Operative interventions on TV services platforms and conditional access systems in order to identify and eliminate malfunctions that may occur and may lead to disruptions in customers service delivery;
- Defines solution for monitoring multi-technology TV (DTH, OTT, DVB-C, etc) starting with the head-end and up to the distribution level
- Define, design and provide support and implement solution in the TV Services area to cope with marketing requirements or technology evolution;
- Collaborates and works closely with engineering department for new equipment integration or new components of the TV infrastructure
- Responsible for Incident and Problem Management activities for entire TV infrastructure,
- Support for validation, testing and integration of new Customer Premises Equipment in the overall TV ecosystem
- Analyzes and evaluates the scheduled activities that have a significant impact on the service, together with the operations coordinator;
- Analyzes, evaluates, solves and coordinates the resolution of all major or critical incidents that affect the availability and quality of tv services;
- Identify issues and propose actions and follows their implementation towards closing the problems;
- Defines operational flows, within the framework of Service Assurance processes, at the launch of new services
- Very strong knowledge of broadcast and unicast TV services architecture:
- TV services technologies (DTH, OTT and cable TV, IPTV)
- TV Services distribution architectures
- Content protection architectures (CA, DRM, etc)
- TV head-end platforms operations
- IP and optical transmission networks knowledge is a plus
- Proven ability to analyze system issues, identify appropriate fixes and coordinate service restoration
- Knowledge of content storage and distribution technologies: IP unicast, multicast, CDNs, DVB-S/C, IPTV, OTT, VOD. Knowledge of video back-ends, CAS, EPG;
- Ability to quickly identify and troubleshoot incidents and propose action plans following root cause analysis
Education and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of LINUX would be a plus
- Telecom project management would be a plus
Număr Post: HWAS917912
Dată limită: 21 septembrie 2019
Nou pe pagina de cariera Orange? Inregistreaza-te acum