Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Tech Lead Developer
Orange Romania’s IT Digital Platforms Team is looking for a new colleague to lead an agile team of software engineers to develop software for MyOrange and www.orange.ro online shop. You will continue to code along with your squad while you will have the responsibility of delivering team road map as part of IT development division which counts more than 100 software development professionals.
We do both mobile and web development and we toy around with the coolest frameworks, languages and concepts such as Spring Boot, Reactive Streams, Bootstrap, AngularJS, OAuth2/OpenId, Docker/Rancher/Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Redis, responsive design, automated testing (Selenium, JMeter). Our tools of choice are IntelliJ, Teamcity, Artifactory, Slack, JIRA and Confluence but you are free to use whatever IDE you are most productive in.
We think our projects with a platform first approach and we design and build our software from ground up ourselves. Our team was involved in building MyOrange, online eshop, Orange Money, Orange API platforms (micro-payments for Google, Microsoft and Samsung app stores, SMS, invoice payments, prepay recharge APIs for partners), back-ends for mobile applications, tvgo movie portal and all the new platforms meant to keep the customers informed and engaged with Orange. We fully embraced the concepts of micro-services architecture and we always automate every step from build to deployment in live. We keep a close eye on the performance of the applications and monitor everything that counts.
The colleagues with whom you will interact are architects, business analysts, project managers, quality assurance engineers, other software developers like you, Ops teams and product owners.
Your work will impact the digital experience of over 10 million people who are Orange customers.
Roles and responsibilities:
- build, lead and develop code in a team of mixed skills professionals (frontend, backend, analysts and mobile) assigned to your team by chapter lead
- you will work closely with other squad teams and product owners to deliver features from product backlog
- work with engineers to design and implement new features and commercial offers in EShop/ MyOrange platforms. You will be responsible for your squad backlog delivery and bug fixing in agile mode
- work closely with other squad leads and architect to ensure that platform is cohesive and consistent towards Orange users
- participate actively in backlog grooming, features definition, sprint planning and implementation and in scrum of scrums with other teams
- own squad sprint backlog and make sure features are delivered following SCRUM framework
- proactively report to management and business about work in progress and squad's road-map delivery progress and outstanding issues
- grow and integrate team members and proactively support their continuous improvement
- monitor and improve team metrics, flow, software delivery standards and estimations
- always prioritize Orange customer's experience when interacting with our products on mobile and desktop screens by delivering high quality features iteratively
Who you are:
- You are an experienced application developer passionate about latest technologies but you wish to make higher impact and have a larger personal footprint
- You are able to work comfortably in a fast-changing environment on interesting business and technical challenges in a digital telecom business
- You have a passion for efficiency, performance and continuous improvement and wish to project it on others
- You understand what YAGNI, KISS, SOLID and *clean-code* is
- You are all about sharing and collaboration with your teammates
- You develop, document and test your code
What you need to bring:
- Experience in building high-quality software design and architecture
- Previous experience in developing complex software by producing clean, efficient code
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Java development skills: coding, testing and debugging new complex software solutions and enhancements to existing software
- HTML5/CSS33, JSON and familiarity with browsers intricacies
- Good communication skills (we enjoy chatting face-to-face and over Slack :D )
- High-performance Java for developing applications with Spring Boot, Spring container, Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Care about quality of the code and client's experience
What gives you advantage:
- Mastering Domain Driven Design modeling techniques
- REST API design and integration techniques
- High performance queuing and asynchronous messaging concepts
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive
- Previous practice with continuous integration systems (Teamcity/Jenkins)
- 5-8 years in Software Engineering
- 1+ years in Leadership
Thank you for applying!
Număr Post: GZCM816809
Dată limită: 21/06/2019
Nou pe pagina de cariera Orange? Inregistreaza-te acum