Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Cloud System Engineer [#OnlineInterview]
Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
Orange Services is looking for a colleague to join the Infrastructure team within the Orange Group Shared Services Center.
We are responsible for managing diverse IT infrastructures and services hosted in our datacenters spread around the world.
Our Support Center is in continuous development, covering more and more platforms and services.
Constant improvement of the QoS and increased efficiency in operations, combined with adaptability and flexibility are key success factors that recommend us in front of internal customers.
As a Cloud System Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining the virtual and physical infrastructure layers and also provide technical support and expertise on administrated shared systems.
The project managed by the operational team in which we have this opening is Telco Cloud project, based on Openstack. The aim is to deploy and manage multiple cloud instances for internal affiliates, which will host virtualized telco functions and IT services. The team responsibility starts at console access level and ends at offering the Infrastructure as a service towards the teams managing application layer.
Responsibilities and activities.
- You’ll manage the lifecycle of existing service infrastructures located in different European countries
- You’ll perform troubleshooting activities, interact with ticketing tools and assure a good communication towards our customers
- Automate tasks and come up with improvements to increase our efficiency;
- Performing activities like patching and upgrading different infrastructure components and services;
- Deploy and configure virtual infrastructure layer after wiring and hardware configuration is completed;
- Installing and configure OS and different tools needed during operations, related to monitoring, logging, access, etc;
- Assuring knowledge sharing inside the team;
- Collaborate with Network, and Application internal support teams, but also with people from other Orange Group entities;
- Perform on-call activities.
- Proven Experience in IT operations
- Advanced knowledge of Linux – minimum 2 years of experience
- Basic network troubleshooting skills
- Nice to have or to be developed on the job:
- Virtualization technologies; at least one of: Openstack, KVM,
- Scripting language – at least one of: Bash, python.
- Automation deployment tools like Ansible, Jenkins
- ELK, Docker, Kubernetes
- Monitoring tools Prometheus & Grafana
- Team player
- Customer oriented/ Service minded
- Proficient in English. French would be an advantage
[Orange Perks] What’s in it for you, should you choose to work for a TOP EMPLOYER?
- Contract type: Full Time;
- Performance Bonuses – Biannually, based on your results & the company’s;
- Other Bonuses – for Excellence in Innovation & Profit sharing plan;
- Loyalty Bonuses, if you extend your stay;
- Electronic Meal Tickets - as you imagine;
- Medical & Life insurance for you / facilities for your family, too;
- Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
- Short Friday & Hello HUB - a different kind of office, should you need a change of scenery;
- Professional GSM subscription;
- Personal GSM subscription, also [because we believe in communication!];
- Special grants on Smartphones & devices;
- Discounts & installments for Orange products & services;
- Orange Learning, Remote Learning, Trainings & Career plan mentoring;
- Wellbeing Program – we support your Zen;
- Flexible benefits [like special discounts on Gym subscriptions, Tickets for your infant’s nursery, Pension Package or other things you might be interested in];
- In case of travel: daily allowance, transport and accommodation.
- & more!
You could be working in an organization with great colleagues and team spirit supporting your professional development.
Apply and let’s have a remote-talk – we care for our candidates, all the interview stages are online!
ORANGE – a digital company