Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
IT Infrastructure Solutions Architect [Storage & SAN Enterprise Solutions]
Hello! Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll
prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out
remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at
the dedicated Orange headquarter.
Contribute to strategy definition (follow up the trends):
- Define and maintain a mid-term and long-term IT Storage strategy by aligning business requirements, workload-specific technical requirements, IT market evolution and budget constraints
- Define and maintain an IT Storage strategy document, which must cover the current state, future goals, requirements and plans for the future and risks
- Focused on storage, understand and contribute to overall IT infrastructure and Cloud strategy, in order to ensure optimal systems performance, availability and operability
- Contribute to budget definition for IT Infrastructure projects, by giving advice on investments, regarding price versus performance
Recommends alternative technologies or improvements to enhance IT solutions and support organizational goals:
- Taking into account business goals, conduct research on emerging and existing IT Storage technologies
- Perform &coordinate PoC activities to validate new technologies and products and demonstrate how IT Storage and SAN investments can contribute to the company success
- Create the criteria for evaluating, comparing and selecting IT Storage and SAN technologies and products
- Constantly review the existing IT Storage solutions and initiate improvement recommendations
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends, by actively seek transformative, “game-changing”, applications of technologies
- Decide together with relevant stakeholders when, where and how cloud storage services can add value and should be consumed within the company (aligned with defined Cloud Strategy)
- Assess and provide recommendations for optimizing use of existing tools, and/or to identify recommended procurements to supplement the existing environment
- Recommend IT Storage and SAN technologies and infrastructure development efforts that increase infrastructure flexibility, reliability, scalability, resilience, availability, automation, performance and cost effectiveness
- Document and communicate alternative technologies to enterprise senior management
- Attend training and seminars to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Identify a set of risks that new IT Storage and SAN technologies pose and produce a risk mitigation mapping to overcome those risks
- Collaborate with the procurement team, to balance technical functionalities with financial offers
Leads the design, implementation and continuous evolution of the IT Storage and SAN ecosystem in order to satisfy resiliency, scalability and performance requirements:
- Aligns with key stakeholders the expectations related to the KPIs for availability and performance of the IT Storage and SAN solutions, considering also cost and operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with IT Infrastructure teams to implement the proposed IT Storage strategy and solutions
- Define management, monitoring, capacity planning, performance, security, and disaster recovery strategies for IT Storage and SAN solutions newly introduced in IT infrastructure
- Define a set of principles and recommend tools for managing IT Storage and SAN resources in an automated way by using "infrastructure as a code" and "process automation" concepts, to improve consistency, availability and traceability
- Develop and coordinate the architecture and design of new IT Storage and SAN solutions within IT Infrastructure Operations team
- Define best practices and standards for IT Storage and SAN solutions design, taking into account infrastructure integrations, applications and databases requirements, operational and financial efficiency
- Should collaborate with other IT leaders and solutions architects in other projects, to help them choose the best design decisions, from storage perspective
Develop the competence and skills of IT Operations teams:
- Acts as a subject matter expert on technologies and trends in Storage and SAN solutions architecture
- Conduct workshops and knowledge transfer sessions on specific IT Storage and SAN technologies
Skills and experience:
- Good knowledge and experience in engineering and operating enterprise Midrange and High-end Storage Arrays, from well-known vendors (HPE, Hitachi, IBM, Dell/EMC), in a multi-datacenter architecture
- Good knowledge and enterprise-level experience in designing, deploying and operating SAN Fabrics, based on Brocade SAN switches, in a multi-datacenter architecture
- Good knowledge and experience with block-level, file-level and object storage protocols
- Good knowledge of software defined-storage and public cloud storage services
- Experience with performance optimization, bottleneck identification and capacity management of Enterprise Storage Arrays and SAN fabrics
- Experience and good knowledge of high-availability and disaster recovery concepts in multi-datacenter architecture, at Storage Arrays and SAN fabrics level
- Experience and good understanding of high-availability, disaster recovery and clustering concepts in multi-datacenter architecture at database, operating system and virtualization layers
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (shell, python, ruby)
- Knowledge and experience with "infrastructure as a code" concept and automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck, Foreman)
- Familiar with IT infrastructure technologies and products: operating systems (Linux, Windows), virtualization solutions (vSphere, Hyper-V), databases (Oracle), network and security solutions in a multi-datacenter architecture
- Ability to stay abreast of emerging IT Storage and SAN technologies and discern applicability and viability to existing solutions and future initiatives.
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills
What’s in it for you, should you choose to work for a TOP EMPLOYER?
- Contract type: Full Time
- Performance Bonuses – Biannually, based on your results & the company’s;
- Other Bonuses – for Excellence in Innovation & Profit sharing plan;
- Loyalty Bonuses, if you extend your stay;
- Electronic Meal Tickets - as you imagine;
- Medical & Life insurance for you / facilities for your family, too;
- Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
- Professional GSM subscription;
- Personal GSM subscription, also [because we believe in communication!];
- Special grants on Smartphones & devices;
- Discounts & installments for Orange products & services;
- Orange Learning, Remote Learning, Trainings & Career plan mentoring;
- Wellbeing Program – we support your Zen;
- Flexible benefits [like special discounts on Gym subscriptions, Tickets for your infant’s nursery, Pension Package or other things you might be interested in];
- In case of travel: daily allowance, transport and accommodation.
Apply and let’s have a remote-talk – we care for our candidates, all the interview stages are online!
ORANGE – a digital company